Elink Connection problem thread dissapeared???

Hi,

I have the communication problem with an eLink. Currently I have installed the software as an Admin, and have set RailMaster to run as an Admin, it does the software update, to v1.55 of RM, then connects to the eLink does a reboot (of the eLink - light goes off then back on, windows 7 beeps to say the USB device has disconnected, then another beep to state reconnected), but then before is starts the firmware update of the eLink, RM reports it cannot connect, and therefore fails to complete the firmware update.

Using the manual method I receive the 'Error in open port!' message...

I have called Hornby and await their call.

I have a 1A power pack. I have set my AV to disregard RM...

Hi Jim,

You appear to have a similar problem to what I'm having. All I can suggest is that you email RailMaster Support and follow their suggestions. You should email them through the RailMaster programme. They are still working on my problem, and their service is fantastic.

As for your question on uninstalling RailMaster, you must first deregister it on the first computer in order to register it on another. RailMaster can only be registered or activated on one computer at any given time. I tried three laptops and it made no difference to the problem. It seems there may be a problem with the power supply that comes with the eLink. I tried two, the origional 1 amp, and a 4 amp. In my case it made no difference.

I hope this helps.

The more people report their problems and the solutions, the more I am convinced it is the 1 Amp PSUs that are faulty, not that eLink won't work with a correctly functioning 1 Amp. Greybags only receiving the 4 Amp is just more evidence of this and most likely shows that Hornby are now convinced too. They likely won't admit to it until they are 110% sure because as soon as they do, there'll be warranty claims coming from all directions. 

fishy, i lost a post today by mentionning this, even though i said it could be my location. This is why i am using my select to run the trains. to get an initial hook up, has become a lottery. Lets see how long this lasts, and i have a 4 amp transformer. john

Archived