Change of Computer

Slightly off topic but following the thread heading - I know there was a previous thread discussing transferring [selling] RM in which it was confirmed that the software is not transferable, something that is repeatedly stated in red ink on the manual

downloadable from this site. Unfortunately due to the limitations of this forums SEARCH facility I cannot find that thread. So what is the difference transferring to a "new" computer? I understand activation may be via the internet [?] does that mean you have

to stay with the same email/internet address?

37lover said:

Slightly off topic but following the thread heading - I know there was a previous thread discussing transferring [selling] RM in which it was confirmed that the software is not transferable, something that is repeatedly stated

in red ink on the manual downloadable from this site. Unfortunately due to the limitations of this forums SEARCH facility I cannot find that thread. So what is the difference transferring to a "new" computer? I understand activation may be via the internet

[?] does that mean you have to stay with the same email/internet address?

hi, when you buy railmaster, you buy the licence, which is in your name, and cannot be sold. If you change your computer, that is totally acceptable, as it is still in your name. I cannot see why you would have a reason to change your internet address,

or email address, but thats not the same as selling it, john

Clearly your IP/Internet address will be different on a different computer and many people have more then one email address. So clearly neither of these should be a problem if changed, despite John's comment above.

The legal issue is that it is

you who deactivate it on one computer and reactivate it on another, not someone else who has bought it from you illegally.

Archived