Long whistle will not go off, despite everything tried, on A4 Sparrowhawk

greetings, having taken advice last time, thought i would risk trying long whistle again. First 2 times fine, then it stuck on. Have removed from track, turned off RM, taken out sound plug to tender, replaced, turned back on RM, but it still whistles """"""""..

Is there any cv no i can change, will sound plug reverse, or what do you suggest. Bearing in mind my location, do not wish to retun, as postage exhorbitant, and loco, otherwise, brilliant

John the whistle should be responding the way it is set up in your loco setup window for the long whistle function. So the question is have you set that up with on/off enabled?

Also, in setting up the loco in the first place, have you found the

exact loco in the list of locos to do the original setup? Or is it non-Hornby so you have to do that setup manually?

Now yes this function is implemented and controlled via a CV but you control that CV via the function setup in RM. You should not need

to find which it is and set it manually.

Also in your RM folder on the PC, there is a file called log.txt which records what RM does when you are operating RM. You can read this file in Notepad and you can copy and paste its contents here so we can

all see it too. That will make it easier to help.

Alternatively, email RM Support from within the Help window of RM. They should also be able to help easily as your log.txt file gets sent to them when you email them this way.

hi, fishy, thanks, as usual, loco is new A4 sparrowhawk, so i selected it right. I will print out your reply, and go through the steps, assuming i can find the the file. If not, will come back. It was a problem before, and knowing that, i should not have

tried it again, before i fixed it, john

i realise i am repeating earlier thread,but last time it eventually went off . This time nothing even taking out the tender plug and putting it back has no effect. It is like ariston, it goes on and on and on. Will try all suggestions again, but if i had

set loco up wrong, surely all other functions would also mis-behave. john

If this is the only latching function John, it would be the only one to play up if not set correctly.

But on the other thread, go and take another look at Graskie's reply where he told you fully how to set it up.

Archived