train only goes backwards

stewart166

i have a flying scotsmen with a decodor fitted to make it dcc now my locco goes backwards perfectly but when i go farward it moves a bit and then suddenly stops and does not move when i move it abit it moves a bit and then suddenly stops again. i have a small lyout with one of the train map packs now i do not know how to fix this problem could someone help me please thanks

Fitting a decoder to a loco that is DCC ready (by that the manufacturer states that it is understood that a decoder can be fitted by the end user) will NOT invalidate any warranty.

If fitting a decoder and subsequently modifying another part of the loco in addition to the said install and that modification damages the loco then that modification will invalidate your warranty. It's a bit like saying adding new batteries to a torch will invalidate a warranty if the torch is damaged. Not so...

Under the Sale of Goods Act you are allowed to add parts to any piece of equipment that is built for the end user to add items to. The said item to be modified or upgraded is understood to be built for that prupose if the end user should choose to go down that path.

The only caveat is that the end user is responsible to fit the correct components and fit them correctly. If that is not possible then a qualified person should carry out the upgrade or modification to the manufacturers specification.

So no warranty is broken by fitting a decoder if deemed to be fitted correctly.

Archived