RailMaster app: Where do I get it and is there one for Blackberry Playbook

Sorry to ask waht I am sure will be an obvious question, but I just can't find any information on this website, where to get it from, or what platforms it will run on. (I have a Blackberry Playbook)

I already run Railmaster on my laptop, and given it is such a basic GUI and so messy and slow to use, thought I might try the app.

Michael, you should have all the info in 2 places. First, when RM updated itself to latest v1.55, it should have loaded to your desktop a handheld PDF manual. Also if you go into the RM Help window and scroll down through Latest News, you'll find it all there too. 

Howeve, I'm not at all sure there is a Blackberry version, but you'll soon find out. 

There is no Blackberry version.  The best you could do from a playbook is some kind of screen scraper like VNC.  You run VNC server on your PC/laptop and VNC viewer on you BB and you can see the same as on your desktop and control it from your BB.  However if you don't like the user interface on the desktop it's not going to help.  I would persevere with the GUI, it's not that bad IMHO and it's not slow (or rather it's as fast as it needs to be) unless you use a very old PC.

Cheers Dave

Thanks for all the help. I woud never have thought to look under help then latest news! I really dont know why there can't be reference to it on the Hornby website.

Anyway, as it seems there is no bberry app, and in any case it is not free, even though you have bought RailMaster (cheek!),I will perservere with the laptop,  though through it's appearance it does remind me of the DOS games I used to play in the 80's!

Archived