DCC with N-Gauge

Sypher_LXVII

Yes, the Elite and Select using Railmaster.

No problems found.
This video link shows my N-gauge layout running an automation program, there are two Selects connected to the Elite as Walkabout units as well.
The locos are running too quick,

but I have since added acceleration and deceleration along with slowing the speeds down a bit.

must apologise for the rubbish video first one I did with the new camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XNjRiJe0OM

Cheers

Ian

Hey!

Ian...
Never mind about the 'rubbish video'... it wasn't that bad, what I'm interested in is the sound chips in your locos.
How, Where from and How much !! ? Please.

Nice layout BTW.
Regards
Tony

A mate in Australia converts them for me on a commission basis.
He did quite a few Class 24's when I posted the video of mine.
He has done a few other locos but I think these have been commissioned by Ian at Mercig Studios.

Ian may have a

few converted ones in stock although they don't last very long, they tend to be sold very quickly!

Not cheap, as the chassis is modified to accept the speaker and decoder, which takes a fair amount of time.

Best contact Ian at Mercig Studios

and see if he has any left, I believe there was a Class67 that he was getting and some of the new HST's all with sound.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian
Thanks very much for your reply.

I have had a look at Mercig Studios'

web site and as you say they aren't cheap, quite a few weeks pension !!

I will have to think very carefully if I can stand several weeks of beans on toast for my meals !!
Regards
Tony

You know it's worth it though :-)

This is the latest one that has been done for me, just waiting for it to be delivered:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/Irish982?blend=7&ob=5

I have no idea how he managed to fit a smoke unit in an N-gauge

loco!!

Ian at Mercig does have some sound chipped locos that are unweathered, might be worth sending him an email for a price in an untouched state, although I've had a number of locos from him that are simply stunning.

This is a major problem

with N-gauge to fit sound takes a lot of time and effort, and if the person doing the conversion blows the sound decoder it's on them, as they cost about £100+
makes you realise that the OO locos with sound fitted are actually not too bad a price.

This

is why a very simple small end to end layout in OO makes sense just to have a couple of sound locos running backwards and forwards.

Cheers

Ian

Archived