ADS8 And Semaphore

Jailor

After waiting for the illusive Hornby decoder to arrive I eventually bought the ADS8 decoder for my points, I use e-link and RM. My question is this, I have used 7 of the 8 ports to control Hornby surface point motors. Would I be able to wire a semaphore signal into the empty port and if so do I have to change any settings to get it to fire? If I do need to alter any settings what are they and how do I do so?

Thanks in advance of any helpfull comments. Ron.

You can use pulse output to drive the "new" Dapol semaphore signals, but you need a relay or two in-between.  I put an entry about this in another forum thread recently.  Here is the document on Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fd8sgf7hjh53ezz/Operating%20dapol%20Easi.fix%20Signal%20with%20DCC.pdf?dl=0

It has two diagrams, one for signal only, one for signal and point off same decoder port.

Hi

As I stated in my reply you cannot operate a Dapol signal from a AD-S8 etc. 

If you try connecting the two yellow wires to the output of the decoder it wont work and possibly would destroy the latching mechanism of the signal.  Hence my reply say it wont work a Dapol signal.

Of course you can add 'extras' after the output like a relay or other means of logic switching, but that was not what was being asked! 

As the OP has now replied saying adding a relay is perhaps a step too far, this may also be the same for many other forum users too?   

• 4 weeks later...

Archived