Program Editing

Codger

I've got v1.56 and am having similar problems to others reported - more particularly, freezing. I don't like it, but can handle.

What I can't handle is the difficulty when editing programs. Sure I can add steps, but after altering the start time of an instruction, it is impossible to move it to the correct position in the list. I change a point switch command from 110 to 90 secs. The last command in the list is 126 secs. When I then try to move it up the list to the correct position, I finish up with a point switch command that shows 90 secs as the start time, and a resource that is a "126" (not a point, loco etc)  and it's going to switch (left or right) but hasn't moved up the list!

Bloody frustrating.

I had no trouble with 1.55. I know my train control PC is only (the very stable) Windows XP, but I can't see that is the problem.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Cheers,

Codger

Good morning, Codger,

Yes I've had similar problems. I reported one, whereby hitting the + button to insert a line in the middle of the program opened up the new blank line after the last line in the program, but they fixed that one. But you are right, there are still problems in the editor.

Ray

Thanks for the input guys. I'll address the freezing as a separate issue, but as far as moving program steps within the plan, no luck. If I change the start time on an instruction line and attempt to use up/down arrows to move it into the correct position, the resource description changes to the last step start time. Regardless of which field/dropdown is in focus, the instruction line refuses to move.

Very frustrating when trying to make minor adjustments

Archived