I can't wait that long!

Teedoubleudee

I started doing that but it said anything to do with faulty e-links should be sent to Hornby in the first instance. I'll see what response I get from Hornby CC first. TBH I can't see it being an RM problem, the e-link unit is getting very hot and it's not actually doing anything. I've tried different usb ports and cables. It fails even when it's not connected to the track. I'll update this thread when it's sorted.

ELink losing comms is most likely not faulty but due to your setup not being right.  You are much are much better off doing as I suggest. If they decide it is faulty, they will then refer you to HCC for a replacement, but this isn't likely. 

Do it now and be fixed in no time. There are heaps of threads in the RM forum reporting doing this successfully. 

OK, just tried sending my email through RM and it failed (again) saying there was an error. I am running McAffee A/V and had problems activating my software and they had to log into my machine and fix it then. I've done all the stuff I'm being advised to do re admin rights, A/V exceptions etc etc and I'm getting really fed up with this now.

I'm going out this afternoon but will expect someone to call me in the morning and get this fixed once and for all.

I think it must be in response to my first attempt to email RM yesterday afternoon BEFORE I posted here. But why I didn't get it till 10.42 this morning is a mystery. Here is the failure message:

This is the Postfix program at host mxa03css.ch.as12513.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<support@rail-master.com>: host fwd1.ex.eclipse.net.uk[82.153.251.85] said: 550
    5.7.1 message content rejected (in reply to end of DATA command)

I could send it direct to them from my email program rather than via RM prog. I could also attach the log file - would they accept this?

Archived