ACTIVATION PROBLEMS

Hi

I recently purchased a R1172 Majestic e-Link Train Set, installed the enclosed Railmaster CD, then followed instructions to update to version 1.56. When I then try to Activate the software I get a message saying that it will not activate and to check Internet connection and Activation Key.

I have read and followed the instructions in the Railmaster Guide and set the program to 'Run as Administrator'.

I have also set the exception for the program within the installed McAfee Security system ( which is set as over riding the Windows Firewall) as directed i.e.

Access : Full
Net Guard : Off

Internet connection is fine and working O.K.

The software will still not activate.

Activation Key on C.D. packaging is

RM249 - CHD8N - 5HA72 - 259LM - GNDE5

My PC Details are:

Toshiba Lap Top
Processor : CPU 1.80 GHz
RAM : 6.00GB
System : 64 - Bit
Windows 8.1
Security McAfee

I would appreciate you assistance.

Many Thanks

Tom

OPPS - remove your license key from the above thread straight away using the edit button !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You only get 10 minutes though, after that Hornby can remove it for you.

As you have done all the usual things, contact Hornby support through the "?" button. They will then fix it for you.

@tom_dewer

Please refer to the thread "Internet" and read my advice re the McAfee program and others like it. You will probably find your solution in that. McAfee is almost certainly your problem here as it WILL block RM even though you may have added an exception to its firewall. That program is no good with RM so get rid... as said though refer back one level on this forum and read my posts there.

Also... contact admin on here as dgilbert2 says to get rid of the key you added to your post! This is YOUR key and you don't want unscrupulous folk using it as it can only be used on ONE machine...

Archived