Duplicate shortcuts on evaluation version

Hi when I downloaded the evaluation version it updated to 1.56 no problem but I 2 lots of railmaster shortcuts and 2 lots of guides both guides are updated to 1.56 and everything seems normal this is the evaluation version I'm waiting for my elink to arrive. Has anybody had this I searched the forum.

Also when my e-link combo arrives would I need to put the disk in or could I just put in the activation key instead? Plus the fact I got duplicate shortcuts would that mess things up could I unistall and reinstall the evaluation version?

Cronan,

After upgrading/installing RM many times since Dec last year, have seen duplicate desktop shortcuts, e.g., one named Railmaster and one Hornby Railmaster. Checking properties of these, they both point to Railmaster.exe in "C:Program Files (x86)RailMaster", so effectively do the same thing and either can be deleted. Similarily you could check properties of guide shortcuts.

No need to install RM from disk, just enter activation code to prevent RM evaluation timing out. Disk version will most likely be an earlier version.

Hope this helps.

Cronan, can I start by reassuring you there will not be a need to put in the disc or to uninstall and reinstall anytime soon. All you will need to do is put in the activation code. And note you just may need to turn your virus protection right off before you can do this.  If it won't activate, keep this in mind. 

Yes, I noticed the duplication of shortcuts. It happens because of the different names used, older versions calling the program Hornby RM and newer just RM. You can delete the ones with Hornby and hopefully it won't happen again. 

Archived