The Majestic

dave_smithies

Dave hi, welcome to the forum. I have the same set up, so, talk through what you have done so far, as there is a sequence, that it is better to follow.  If at the end, there is still a problem, you can contact RM support, through the programme, who at worst senario, will take over your laptop, and sort out. hopefully we can help before then. There are some very knowledgeable guys, with same set up , on here. john

Hey all,

Really sorry to hijack/jump in on this thread, but I'm on the point of clicking the 'Buy' button on The Majestic myself.

just one question remains before I do......What happens if the laptop claps out? Is the E-Link a standalone controller like the Select? I thought I read somewhere about a controller called The Elite that could be plugged into a laptop if one should so wish, but was also a standalone controller.

Dave, 4 basic questions for a start. 

Have you installed RM running as administrator?

Have you allowed it to update to the latest v1.56?

Have you set RN as an exception in your virus software so it is not being blocked?

Have you checked in Device Manager that the com port number is what you have defined in RM Setup. 

HoW, you can always start your own thread. 

ELink is nothing but an interface between RM on your computer and the track. It is not a controller like Select. You must use RM with it. 

Yes, there is a fully functional controller called Elite which you can operate standalone and with RM. It is much more expensive than RM/eLink. 

Hellonwheels, no problem, welcome to the forum. Many of us have the Majestic set, which is probably the best value package, hornby do. If your laptop breaks, it is not a problem, as Railmaster runs happily on old XP laptop, which you can pick up for a song, while you have other sorted, or just stay with XP, as designated laptop.. I have a seconhand Select, which is purely for the grandkids, but would be enough to let you play while you solve problem, but it DOES NOT  work with elink or RM, just basic controller. The Elite controller, is the other choice, but you would not buy Majestic, if you went down that route. john

Archived