A1 Tornado speed settings

CornishJim

Hi all

This is my first post on here and I am very new to this wonderful hobby, I am building a small layout in my box room, its about 9ft x 6ft.

I have just bought the Hornby A1 Tornado with TTS sound, and apart from some derailing issues, which I have already been advised about, I am trying to figue out why the speed settings do not have a great deal of variation, it seems like there is only a few i.e slow, meduim and fast, there doesn't seem to be much difference between say 10mph and 30mph and then 40mph and 70mph, having gone through the forum and searched for some answers I am pretty sure it's something to do with the cv's but I am not clear on which one or what is the best settings, can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Can't be specific on this as I don't have any TTS locos but a number of people have reported having to switch from one speed profile to the other to get these to run well. Can't remember the CV involved but in needs to have its value changed from the default to the other profile, meaning it is a change from either 0 to 1 or vice versa depending on which of these is the default.

Can't be specific on this as I don't have any TTS locos but a number of people have reported having to switch from one speed profile to the other to get these to run well. Can't remember the CV involved but in needs to have its value changed from the default to the other profile, meaning it is a change from either 0 to 1 or vice versa depending on which of these is the default.

Thanks Fishy. You've nailed it again!!

Jim, you will need to change CV 150 from its default value of 0 to the value of 1. When you change it, just enter the 1 without the two leading zeros. There is a brief explanation on page 6 of the sound manual that came with the loco.

Hope this helps, it solved the problem for me.

Norm

Archived