will hornby add bachmann loco's to the loco list on RM

RailMaster already makes it relatively straightforward to add locos from any manufacturer to the program and also to profile them for scale speed operation.

Hornby locos going back to 1975 have been added simply to make things easier for customers and you must bear in mind that in order to add locos we must have them in our possession.  This is not practical for other brands as they may not be in a position to provide all of their locos to us and it would be prohibitively expensive to purchase them all.

We have, as you will notice, added all the major loco decoders and accessory decoders and there are built in profiles for common Bachmann steam and diesel sound loco functions (read the RailMaster PDF guide), so whilst it would be the icing on the cake to have every loco from every manufacturer built in, RailMaster has gone to great lengths to ensure adding non-listed locos is a simple thing to do.

Excellent support HRMS. I wonder if you could use collective user data about other manufs locos  if people who have a few/many send in a report from RM, which attaches the loco db they have set up so you can milk that data and feed it back into RM.

RAF96, this is something we are looking at, the possibility of users sharing their profiled locos data with other users in the RailMaster community.  This would involve a lot of error-checking and sampling of more than one user's data for the same loco, to ensure consistency and quality.  A back-end server was need to be developed to receive the data, analyse it then automatically make it available for downloading into RailMaster.  Not a small task, but we have done more!

PJ - our clocks are correct.  One of our bods was indeed providing support at 4am+.

It wouldn't be practical to post loco data on here as it is not accessible from within RailMaster in a format that would make any sense.  Remember also, that this data includes scale speed profiling.

Finally, may we wish you all a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I had the feeling you would have something like that up your sleeve HRMS. Thank you for all your efforts this year which has to say the least been a tad troublesome.

All the best for the holidays and I look forward to what next year brings.

Rob

I had the feeling you would have something like that up your sleeve HRMS. Thank you for all your efforts this year which has to say the least been a tad troublesome.

Rob

Thanks Rob, we all agree

Have a really nice Christmas

PJ

PJ,

Are you speaking for all forum members? Is this a royal "We"?

Rob

Thanks Rob, we all agree

PJ

PJ,

Hi

Regarding their efforts and trouble, yes I was. I do hope you don't mind ;-)

Happy Christmas 

PJ

Rob

Thanks Rob, we all agree

PJ

PJ,

Hi

Happy Christmas 

PJ

In this instance I'll let it pass, please don't be so presumptious in future :-)

Rob

Thanks Rob, we all agree

PJ

PJ,

Hi

Happy Christmas 

PJ

In this instance I'll let it pass, please don't be so presumptious in future :-)

I have never known anyone complain for a complement!

I do not add a collective statement for anything technical.

Hornby have had a hard year, they came out fighting and are doing well, they need encouragement.  

Hornby have had a hard year, they came out fighting and are doing well, they need encouragement.  

PJ,

The wine I consumed earlier is having an effect; I don't understand your "complain for a complement". If you mean you can't understand why anyone [me] would complain about a complement I could understand the sentence. But I wasn't complaining about the complement I was, and not too seriously, questioning how you presumed to be speaking for everyone. Nothing to do with technical, that's irrelevant.

Hornby are a business, I actually believe they are very good, but I don't think any words of "encouragement" on this forum will make any difference to how they run the company. Their market must run to many thousands, if not millions, and one or two [or a dozen] positive postings on this forum is probably insignificant - if they ever get fed back to the Boardroom.  On the flip side I do believe they will take notice, and action, regarding some of the adverse and negative postings that relate to Black Friday and similar.

So 37lover, you only like the stick when you are doing badly, never the carrot when you are doing well?

Surely when we know that HRMS is doing not just a good but a great job on RM, Admin is only a fraction behind in getting us a forum that is working really well, and they are both looking to listen to feedback and do even better in future, then telling them so is certainly going to do no harm. And it would be disappointing if higher levels of management, all the way to the Board, didn't notice. 

Now I know this doesn't directly address the problem of individuals presuming to speak for the forum members collectively. However, I have no problem personally with individuals interpreting and reflecting the general mood around here, including presuming to do so on my behalf. If I beg to differ, then I have the freedom to say so without the need to denigrate the individual or those who agree with him/her.

And what is it with more than one dose of Christmas bah humbug around here?  Surely a little good will to all men wouldn't go astray?

Fishmanoz,

I'll back out of this gracefully now before it develops far further than I ever intended. I have respect for PJ for all the work he has contributed but I don't like individuals presuming to speak on behalf of others [and following your arguement] me then needing to make a comment if I happen to disagree.

Why do you think I've denigrated PJ, all I've done is question why he presumed to speak for all.

PJ,

The wine I consumed earlier is having an effect; I don't understand your "complain for a complement". If you mean you can't understand why anyone [me] would complain about a complement I could understand the sentence. But I wasn't complaining about the complement I was, and not too seriously, questioning how you presumed to be speaking for everyone. Nothing to do with technical, that's irrelevant.

Hornby are a business, I actually believe they are very good, but I don't think any words of "encouragement" on this forum will make any difference to how they run the company. Their market must run to many thousands, if not millions, and one or two [or a dozen] positive postings on this forum is probably insignificant - if they ever get fed back to the Boardroom.  On the flip side I do believe they will take notice, and action, regarding some of the adverse and negative postings that relate to Black Friday and similar.

Good morning 37lover

I read your reply late yesterday and thought, oh dear, and this is Christmas Day.

After I put the comment I thought, should I alter it, someone may complain. But, I was thinking of the poor people who got wound up because they hadn't received their order. In my my they could be justified of a reply as they felt let down. Many of us trief to defuse the complaints but at the end of the day had to back off and let Hornby sort things out.

It was sad to see new comers to the hobby get upset, having said that, a percentage of them complaining would be buying a present not actually coming in to the hobby.

To receive a comment from yourself was a surprise, hence the reason I chose last night not to reply.

To blame the wine... I say no more.

Your comment and circumstances have been taken on board, we draw a line in the sand and move on.

One last comment if I may, not seeing wood for the trees comes to mind, but we will blame the wine for that  ;-)  I was not referring to Hornby corporate company with words of encouragement, I was referring to the grass roots, if I may call them such, the forum admin, the RailMaster support guys who pull their hair out at times yet remain dedicated and professional. They believe in the product, we believe in the product (sorry I included we again) They know what is coming and want it right, they reply to our issues over the holiday periods, out of working hours. Even one reply at 4am in the morning within the last 7 days!

Let us give credit where credit is due. Corporate Hornby, directors and ceo make decissions, it is the guys on the ground that do the real work.  I do not know if the baby was crying, the person had come home from a party or couldn't sleep concerned of getting things right. We do not need to know, what ever the situation these guys believe in the product and are proud Hornby employees.

It is a big thank you from me......

PJ

So 37lover, you only like the stick when you are doing badly, never the carrot when you are doing well?

Surely when we know that HRMS is doing not just a good but a great job on RM, Admin is only a fraction behind in getting us a forum that is working really well, and they are both looking to listen to feedback and do even better in future, then telling them so is certainly going to do no harm. And it would be disappointing if higher levels of management, all the way to the Board, didn't notice. 

Now I know this doesn't directly address the problem of individuals presuming to speak for the forum members collectively. However, I have no problem personally with individuals interpreting and reflecting the general mood around here, including presuming to do so on my behalf. If I beg to differ, then I have the freedom to say so without the need to denigrate the individual or those who agree with him/her.

And what is it with more than one dose of Christmas bah humbug around here?  Surely a little good will to all men wouldn't go astray?

Hi Fishy

As always looking to create humour in any situation.

Well I call it humour  ;-)  

Sorry fishy but Rudolph ate the carrot!!!!!

Have a nice Christmas 

I don't like humbug   ;o)

I wonder if that was why they are trying to'bah' it!

PJ

Archived