DCC set up help please!

funkyfilo

Hello, my 9 year old son got a Hornby R1125 Somerset Belle 00 Gauge DCC Electric Train Set from Santa, and we can't get it up and running - and he's super disappointed! I don't know if it's the controller or the connector.

I'm afraid it's all completely new to me. The one thing I've noticed is on the DCC controller, it says that when you start it up it should say 11 and 30, and ours says 12  and 30 when it starts up before it goes to the default 03 channel... is there a way of resetting the controller?

Is there a way of checking if the track is live? The Digital Power Track didn't connect very well at first as the buttons didn't press down, but we've used matchsticks instead! Could that be the problem?

Any thoughts or help gratefully received please.

Thanks!

Fiona

The numbers on startup just tell you which version of software the controller has. 12 30 means it's a newer version.

The matchsticks could be the problem. You could try putting the wires directly to the left and right wheel of the loco to see if it goes then.

Happy christmas everyone.i too have just purchased the Somerset Belle set for christmas and i tried it out this afternoon.Now being a dc chap for over fifty years,dcc is totally new to me.I set up a short test track on the kitchen table and decided to give it a go.Firstly,the pins on the power track when pushed down and the wires inserted and then released again,were NOT gripping the wires properly and also,the metal contact that is a press fit to the underside of the rail is loose and is not making a proper contact.The answer to this is to either phone Hornby  and order another power connection rail or,order one from there web site ,or order a dcc power connecting clip which may be more reliable.

And lastly,having managed to make contact to the track,albeit a temporary fix,i also managed to get my tts sound Gadwall loco to work,it nearly shot of the end of the tably,luckily i managed to catch it in time,but i couldnot get the sound functions to work at all.

Thankyou,

So ignoring TTS Sound which is another topic completely and hopefully covered elsewhere as such, there seems to be a problem with the power tracks coming with Somerset Belle. 

This is is unfortunately a warranty issue so will need to be notified to your retailer or Hornby Customer Care. Always very annoying when Christmas presents in particular don't work, but I don't see any alternative. 

Archived