Gadwell sound using elink

Daci1983

Hi all, I really hope someone can help as I'm very much a novice in terms of dcc. I have been given as a gift the Hornby Gadwell with tts and have an elink digital setup which works fine. This is the first train with sound I have owned, but cannot get the sound to work. The train runs fine, but do I have to do something with the cvs to activate the sound? Or something within the loco setup maybe?

The instruction manual seems to be written for someone with deeper knowledge than myself unfortunately. Any support would be really appreciated.

Many thanks, Rob

If you have the latest Version of RailMaster I believe it has Gadwell in its profiles to help you set it up on there.

The set up loco screen should have the DCC Functions list on the right with F1 being Sound on/off. Check this one to be part of the shortlist when you bring up its throttle.

Hi Choralc, thank you for the reply. I'm running the latest version of RM and I was able to select the Gadwall from the list. I have tried testing the different sound options using the Steam 1 setting, but nothing happens. The model I selected was r3285t which brought up the Gadwall, but should there be a hornby r3285tts option As I could see one.

Maybe it's a faulty sound decoder, but I just don't know.

Should I have to select the steam/diesel sound option myself, or should it default in by selecting the loco?

Many thanks.

Rob

Daci, when you are in the loco set up window when you click on the F1 function in the DCC Function list and then click on the blue sound test button do you hear any sounds?

Hi. No sounds at all. Tried all the available sounds but hear nothing on any of them. I assumed I would have to do something first, but maybe a faulty decoder. While I was looking for solutions I came across several posts on the sound decoder not working. Does this sound like a fault?

Hi, this is a bit basic, but you identify loco in rm, set its number, eg003, or whatever, if you have chaged it, then write all the functions in F1- 18, dependent on loco .There is a list of these, with loco. F1, for example, sound on/off. As you go, test each function, but you have to  turn sound on to test, so in F1, you need to have sound on/ off. At this point, they should all work. I think it unlikely, that loco is faulty, as they are  tested. I think it is just a case of understanding how to turn it on. I have been there, myself. good luck. john

Hi, this is a bit basic, but you identify loco in rm, set its number, eg003, or whatever, if you have chaged it, then write all the functions in F1- 18, dependent on loco .There is a list of these, with loco. F1, for example, sound on/off. As you go, test each function, but you have to  turn sound on to test, so in F1, you need to have sound on/ off. At this point, they should all work. I think it unlikely, that loco is faulty, as they are  tested. I think it is just a case of understanding how to turn it on. I have been there, myself. good luck. john

Hi John, many thanks. That is the sort of basic detail I was looking for thank you. When I get back home I will try it. Thanks.

Archived