No powerI

The prog output only goes live for a few milli-seconds that it actually performs decoder programming or reading. This is to prevent damage to a decoder with a wiring fault.

Are you having problems trying to read or write to locos on the prog track? Please post a bit more detail of your actual problem so someone can help.

The prog output only goes live for a few milli-seconds that it actually performs decoder programming or reading. This is to prevent damage to a decoder with a wiring fault.

Are you having problems trying to read or write to locos on the prog track? Please post a bit more detail of your actual problem so someone can help.

Have a look from page 69 of the Railmaster manual to familiarise yourself with reading loco CV's. At this stage I would leave the point decoder until your familiar with the loco side.

Also, check the prog track rails are clean, just give a quick wipe with a dry cloth.

Hi Liam, can I suggest we take a step or two back and first make sure you are set up properly.

Get out of this thread and go to the DCC forum.  There from 3 days ago, you'll find a thread titled Majestic with eLink. Can you please follow through all the questions in my post there and come back when all the answers are yes, or if you are having problems making any of them yes.

Once we have all of that sorted, then tell us what problems you have.  Don't even think about playing with CVs until you have.

I am new to RM my previous controller was a select controller which was quite easy to use. I have been reading RM manual and Im having problems understanding most of it (think Iv bit off more than I can chew) I will check out the DCC forum as you suggest. Thanks for the help. 

Liam, it can be daunting at the start, but you will get used to it quite quickly.  Once set up properly, the advantage is you can see the throttles for each of your locos on screen and control them instantly without a sequence of button pushes etc to get from one to the other.  If you only run a few locos, you can see all of them on screen.  And similarly with your points.

Archived