Android Pinch & Zoom Problem - A SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME

For all those who aren't able to downgrade to Chrome v35, you can try Maxthon Browser, Pinch & Zoom is working on both my Samsung Galaxy Express 2 (5 Inch display) and also my Asus Fonepad (7 inch screen)

Download from the Play Store here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mx.browser&hl=en 

I do think though it's a poor show that nobody from Railmaster Support have bothered to:

a) address and fix this problem, or
b) use a bit of initiative and try find a browser that is compatible

And you know they aren't how YP?

We already know that they are working on a number of issues from what has been written in the forums by them and others.  So they may well be working on this too.  Then again, they can't do everything at once.

Because, put simply, since they have known about this pinch and zoom problem they have failed to offer any worthwhile advice other than to downgrade Chrome to v35, which just is not possible with newer phones and tablets that come with Chrome preinstalled.

And let's face it, if Chrome have decided they no longer will support pinch and zoom, then if Hornby/Railmaster are STILL selling this App, one would expect it to work on phones/tablets that are being sold on the High Street today, not ones sold two years ago.

That they charge extra for the mobile 'app' (that's a joke as it's not even an app) is a disgrace as well. Not to mention it's clunky, disconnects when out of wifi range and you have to reconnect... I could go on but I am losing the will to type... Like I said, it's a poor show all round really

You know what, I've been silently browsing the various threads today - nothing else to do as it's too cold to go out to the layout in the garage and I've finished another Metcalfe model from Christmas - I'm frankly appalled at the comments from a relatively new member on various threads over the last few days.

I had major problems with my Laptop/Railmaster setup when I first got it, as some on here will no doubt remember - fixed by RM support logging in to my machine and sorting it, followed by me switching off the wifi on the laptop when actually using it to run trains.

problems sorted - the updates are done indoors with nothing connected to the laptop so I can reasonably safely say that my W7 laptop runs Railmaster perfectly in my situation.

I can only comment that if the 'new member', who shall remain nameless but resembles a famous train on the LNER, doesn't like RM and Elink that is his choice, but ffs stop slagging it off to dozens of people that have been there, worn the T-shirt and had their problems fixed!

Archived