TTS sound with the Select controller

pidge456

Hi all, happy new year. I am thinking about a few loco now my track etc is set up. I have seen a nice loco that has TTS sound. Is it Ok to use with the select controller or is it a waste of money if not all functions work. I'm not looking to upgrade the controller yet until I get everything up and running.

Don't forget that that if you know someone with RailMaster, if my understanding is correct, you could map your favourite 8 sounds to the remaining functions after F1 sound on/off.

Perhaps your local Model Railway shop might do it for you as a customer service?

• 3 years later...

Hi all word of warning the first firmware which comes with the hornby select early versions will not function any sounds on TTS Locos .

I have sent mine back to Hornby to get a Firmware update done so i can use it with the TTS range it was driving me crazy sending TTS Decoders back to the shop all the time saying it was a faulty Decoder but turns out my select was the very first to come out from hornby reason to say i did not have F1 to turn the sound on or off as it was stuck on the first version Firmware.

I think the model shop was thinking i was going crazy or some think as it turned out to be the select controller lol.

You should have been able to operate F0-F4 even at version 1.0.

From my collective notes...

Rob

Version 1.0 - Initial release. Point and accessory addresses start at 60 in order to use all groups of four up to last address 99. Able to control functions 0-4.

Version 1.1 - Point and accessory addresses now start at 61 through 99 to accord with NMRA addressing groups. Users upgrading from v1.0 should readdress all their points and accessory addresses to the new system. Able to control functions 0-8. Able to program on the main (POM).

Version 1.2 - Start up screen shows revision state. Improved throttle interface. Changes to setting up default direction switching. Resume operations after a power down/restart.

Version 1.3 - Programming improved for ESU Loksound v4.0 sound decoders.

Version 1.4 - Minor update to correct function control issues.

Version 1.5 - Major system upgrade to extend function range 0-28 in support of sound decoders. Change to function methodology.

Since my post above was placed in 2015, the Select has been improved.  Version 1.5 is needed to access all 29 functions.  Hornby offer an upgrade of firmware for I understand a fee of £15  The Select has to be returned to Hornby for upgrading which for UK owners is normally within a week. To have a Select upgraded you need to initially contact Hornby Customer Services to arrange a return number. 

Archived