one engine not running...

Ms Dad

I am new to all this, having bought a starter set, plus extra engine and a couple of track extension sets. (For my son, of course...) The original engine is programmed 03. The extra one was programmed 01. 03 is responding happily to all commands and running along both track loops, and into sidings. But 01 - although it worked for a week or so - is not responding at all: it will not even start. I admit I have probably pressed every button under the sun on the select controller - including in combination - in desperation. I have also restored factory settings on the controller, and tried reprogramming for 03.

Could I have damaged 03 in some way?

Any ideas? Thanks.

There are some things you could do, but if it's new then the best thing would be to take it back to the shop for repair or replacement.

It's just I rather think it's something I must have done though. Because it has been working. Thank you for replying though.

It could be that the decoder has become loose, or the decoder has lost it's programming, which can't be reset with the Select. It could be many things, which probably won't be anything to do with what you have done.

if they were old locos I'd say swap the decoders over to see if the decoder has failed.

Archived