Elite controller

Robespierre

Ok, so I have determined my (son's ;) ) Select controller won't make the most of all the sound locos I have stuffed in the spare room cupboard ( out of Mrs R's sight.)

So I need an Elite or the computer thing, which looks a bit complex and probably won't get on with my Apple household.

So I need an Elite and there starts the problem. Hornby ; out of stock, so I hit interwebBay and there are a few, typically used. A new one went for quite some pounds just now.

Why can't I buy a new one?

Robespierre. hi, and welcome to the forum. before you go down the expensive elite route, £222, plus, there is another solution, if you have a computer, other than apple. Elink, with Railmaster, for about £80, is worth alook. If you do not have a microsoft machine, an old laptop with windows xp, from ebay for about £50, will do perfectly. Go to hornby site, Download Trial version of Railmaster, if compatible, and have a look at it. Your select would never have been sufficient, as it cannot change cv nos on locos. If you wish to go the elite route, you can buy a cable, which turns your select into a walkabout. You can buy new elites, and we can tell you where, but in short term Rail master is the best product. Download and have a look, or just look on screen. john

Have only checked Hattons who are showing it on pre-order right now and don't know why it is out of stock.  You can always put in an enquiry with them and they'll tell you when they are expecting stock.  There should be reasonable second hand deals though due to people who have decided to go RM/eLink.  One thing to check is that firmware is at the latest v1.41.  It can be updated without too much problem but again Windows is needed.

Cerainly with Select, you will be limited by its 9 functions as to what sounds you can access on it.

You will find that you can run eLink/RM on a Mac by using Windows emulation software

Ok, so I have determined my (son's ;) ) Select controller won't make the most of all the sound locos I have stuffed in the spare room cupboard ( out of Mrs R's sight.)

So I need an Elite or the computer thing, which looks a bit complex and probably won't get on with my Apple household.

So I need an Elite and there starts the problem. Hornby ; out of stock, so I hit interwebBay and there are a few, typically used. A new one went for quite some pounds just now.

Why can't I buy a new one?

They have the hornby Elite and a few of them at the hornby concession at hamleys regent street london, i am sure if you cant get there they may take payment over the phone. Phone hamleys and then ask to speak to the hornby manager Cole, if you can get there then they are on the 4th floor.

I think they have around 6 give or take.fineboy

Archived