Spare function outlet R8247

Rocketcooper2000

Ok so i only have a small shunting layout with 3 points.. I have a spare function outlet on my accessory decoder and Im in a quandry as to what I could use it for .. any bright sparks out there with any ideas.. Im presuming I cant change change the cv so it has to stay as a pulse ala the rest of the functions on it for the points.. Im thinking of utilising a point motor to do something clever... [no funny comments.. ]  an opening door.. I soppose the obvious is a semaphore signal..  any ideas...?

Thanks Mark

OK, well this is what I would be doing...

I would attch the outputs via a relay to a PicAxe microcontroller and then I could use it to turn on various accessories, like the flying stork, watermill, windmill, various fairground rides etc.  Or opening/closing servo-operated doors.

But that's just me...

Peter

Mark, you can't change the pulse length with a Select but you can with just about anything else, all the way from 100mSec to continuous.  That way you can run different things including coloured light signals. 

you can individually change the output seetings..? I thought when you change the settings it just changes the whole accessory  decoder

I have modern image clay depot plus diesel depot.. no space for fairground lol !!

thanks x

Mark, if you are using anything other than the Hornby Acc Decoder you will need to check your instructions. Some makes the ports can be programed individualy and some they can't. As Fishmanoz stated Hornby's can.

Sorry Mark, just noticed the title refering to the 8247 specifficaly. I am only able to edit and not delete the post.

Peter.

Mark, if you are using anything other than the Hornby Acc Decoder you will need to check your instructions. Some makes the ports can be programed individualy and some they can't. As Fishmanoz stated Hornby's can.

Sorry Mark, just noticed the title refering to the 8247 specifficaly. I am only able to edit and not delete the post.

Peter.

yes its hornby

As its an R8247 Rocket you can set the pulse on that port to 'continuous' which could bring in possibility of stuff like a lighting circuit (level crossing warning), or special effect gizmo (burglar alarm/blue lights, welder, workshop sound module), or your gate/semaphore using a servo motor. The only thing to watch is any current limit.

Archived