Directional Running Lights

Ajay1

Hi I am a newby here and have just recently renewed my interest in model railways again,having had a Marklin set way back in the 60s which I now no longer have and have opted for Hornby.        Now I have a small number of trains at the moment one of which is the Hitachi 395 EMU set which has directional running lights. 

For the life of me I am unable to get these working now (sort off), they were going before. Let me explain: I have a Select unit which when connect to the track and select the 395 the lights work as they should, I also purchased an Elite Digital Controller which had v1.3 firmware installed,when I used that and selected the 395 and pressed the On/Off button on the unit they also worked.

I have since updated to the v1.41 firmware and pressing the On/Off button now on the Elite has no effect.  Am I doing something wrong here?  I have read through the operators manual pgs 20-22 (if they are the right pages)  and still can't work it out.

I would be greatful if some kind fellow would be able guide be through getting them up and running please step by step .

Oh, and sorry for  my such longwinded explaination here.

Antony

The On/Off buttion on the Elite has nothing to do with lights or even switching the unit. It is used purely for topping up the fuel when using a Sapphire decoder. Its described fully in the Elite manual downloadable from the Hornby website. The v1.41 manual is different in detail from that included with a boxed Elite.

To switch the 395 lights on/off - given it has a decoder fitted - you use F0 accessed on the Elite by pressing first the Function button to bring up the various function groups in turn (F00-F09, F10-F19, F20-28, Off F), then pressing the associated number button i.e. 0 is the default for directional lights.

Archived