power

geffrail

hi! just need some advice! i have a select dcc controler & a 1amp powerpack (i think not set up yet) am i right in thinking if i run approx 6-10 skaledale lights, it could take some power away from track therefore engines running slower? would i be be better getting a 4amp powerpack, i do not know if hornby do them. or has anybody got suggestions as regards any other cheaper makes which do the same.

thanks geff

Geff, you can run that many lights without exceeding the Select's power and still have enough left over to run 2 locos at the same time.  The Select can run 4 at the same time without the lights.

With what you have, I would look to using LED lights to keep more power for locos.

And I'd try it first before investing in the 4 Amp supply.

Hornby do a 4 Amp Powerpack and it is supplied with the Elite transformer but also available separately.  

It is fully compatible with the Select controller.

hi! thanks for the info, i think i will play safe & go back to led wiring again @ least i know what i am doing there, just trying to find easy option lol  regards geff

Geff, you can run that many lights without exceeding the Select's power and still have enough left over to run 2 locos at the same time.  The Select can run 4 at the same time without the lights.

With what you have, I would look to using LED lights to keep more power for locos.

And I'd try it first before investing in the 4 Amp supply.

Archived