Duke of Gloucester problems

Wayne2467

Hi my new Duke of Gloucester is behaving strangely. 

sometimes it will not move at all

sometimes it moves even though the dial is tired to zero

sometimes it will start ok but not stop even when using the stop button

any ideas? I have noticed when it does move that the back wheels come off on bends and then correct themselves on straights. Though not ideal I don't think this has anything to do with the problem. Thanks Wayne

The back wheels - I presume you mean the Cartazzi truck - is supposed to come off the track on corners. If you look, there are no flanges on the wheels. This is done deliberately on the model, so it can go round the tight curves of model tracks.

Hi- no not the truck but the loco

Exactly what sort of system are you running, Wayne? Is it definitely DCC and which version of the DoG are you talking about (What's Hornby's R number for it, shown on your box)? If its DCC there will be a decoder already fitted in it, or is it just DCC ready? Also, you can definitely only read and/or alter CVs on a decoder if you have the Elite controller, not with the Select.

Hi it's the Somerset belle set and that one runs fine. So yes it's DCC and the DOG is TTS I think. Digital sound and DCC fitted Looks like it will be going back then. Luckily it's Amazon so il swap it for something hopefully more reliable

If TTS then DoG should run fine on default CV150 value of 0. but try value 1 if you want to and see if it makes a difference, but using a Select you have both hands tied behind your bacl unfortunately.

Archived