Aussie Firmware Updates.

GWRnut

Hi  there, I just bought a second hand but unused Select Controller and I am having a great time giving my locos addresses plus messing around in general.

I do however have a minor problem the Select I got has Firmware setting 1.2 which has worked great with all of my current locos, I notice that the latest firmware is 1.4 and needs to be sent to Hornby to be updated, thats OK if you live in the UK but not the best if you live in Australia.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere I can get the Firmware updates done over here, to be honest I am quite happy the way it works at the moment which brings me to another question, is the current range of Hornby decoders compatible with my Firmware 1.2 Select Controller or are the earlier decoders still available?, if so I am quite happy to leave the Select as it is at the moment.

Any help is most appreciated.

@GWR

I just found in my files that SELECT firmware went to version 1.3 in Aug 2011. The only changes from version 1.2 being modification of the SELECT programming cycle to improve compatibility with ESU LokSound V4.0 Decoders...no other changes were made, so if you don't have these decoders then no need to update. 

Archived