Winston Churchills Funeral Train

bob_tidbury

I'd like the Type 'U' pullmans some of which featured in the Winston Churchill funeral train, to be made in OO scale. They were made for the 'Fesival of Britain' Golden Arrow. They are also appropriate for the GA train as hauled by the 71 electric too. The main difference in appearance between the type K which Hornby make at present and the type U is the shape of the  lavatory windows. On type K these are oval , but on type U these are rectangular.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like the Type 'U' pullmans some of which featured in the Winston Churchill funeral train, to be made in OO scale. They were made for the 'Fesival of Britain' Golden Arrow. They are also appropriate for the GA train as hauled by the 71 electric too. The main difference in appearance between the type K which Hornby make at present and the type U is the shape of the  lavatory windows. On type K these are oval , but on type U these are rectangular.

I too would like one of these (I think) I say I think because the one I would like is Orion which is now at PECORAMA in Beer Devon. Really too modern for my layout by 21 years but it would bring back memories of Holidays in Devon.

Archived