unable to save layout

jms

Just been playing eith Railmaster and had to exit design area without saving changes, program asked did I want to leave without saving changes selected yes then got a series of warnings saying it could not save layout tried to close program but could'nt

had to press cntrl, alt delete and close it this way any one had the same bother? I have noticed when using a touchscreen monitor that when you try to move track pieces the grid moves with the piece very annoying! any info on this subject gratefully received,

Hi jms,

HAve a look at the thread called Problems with Track Designer on page 5 of this forum, where there are suggestion on how to cure the problems with saving the design.

I found that if I change the zoom rate from 100% while using the

designer, say to 50%, then tried to save the design it was lost, but if I returned the zoom to 100% before saving then there was no problem. Also Railmaster saves the design at regular intervals so you should be able to recover the design from the last autosave.

Try

this and see how you get on and please let us know if the problem goes away.

You shouldn't use touch screen operation in design mode. Touch screen was designed for controlling locos, points, signals and other bits.

Brightstar is right, RailMaster saves your design, even if you don't, every now and then. It creates a temporary

file, so that if you've done a lot of work and your PC crashes, the next time you go into design mode it will invite you to recover your work.

Another thing worth knowing is that every time you exit RailMaster, backup files are created for all plans,

programs and the locos database. Look for files with the .bak extension in the Railmaster program folder on your hard drive.

The files are: resource.mdb contains all of your locos, *.pln files are layout plans and *.prg are your programs.

Archived