New Coaches

LNER_maniac_13

I have suggestions for coaches to be introduced - 

BR Mk1 coaches in the following combinations. I know Bachmann already do these, but these coaches in the Railroad range would be an excellent option. I know that some of these are available in the top price range models, however some of us younger modelers who do not yet have any form of employment would find it easier to buy in the Railroad range.

SO,SK,FO,FK,BSK,BFK,RBO,BG

All of these could and really should be done in all 3 of the BR liveries - Crimson and Cream, Maroon and Blue and Grey. Also with the recent advent of the GWR Hawksworth coaches and Collet coaches, along with the SR Mansuell coaches, it would be nice to see some from other grouping companies. Some Gresley corridor coaches, a set of LMS Porthole stock and maybe even a set for the Silver Jubilee and the like.

I like you're thinking I don't know if it will happen.  However as your a young modeler. Have you thought of doing some rtr bashing.  You can buy mk1  coach sides which can be made to fit the Railroad coaches from wizard models under the name of comet models for about £20 a set. If you take the sides of the RR coaches prepare the new side by fitting handles etc paint them then fit them to the coach should cut down on having to do full paint job. You could end up with as many coache classes as you desire. You can always start with some older Hornby ones of eBay to save money even if they are banged up abit. And there are plenty of topics of other people doing similar on railway websites. For how does and to ask questions if you get stuck. 

The beauty of the older former 10 inch Tri-ang type was that the underframes were common to all, only the sides interior and roof needed to be changed. They were really easy to dismantle and re-assemble too. I have done quite a few 'cut and shut' jobs on these. There were so many made that they are very easy to find at toy fairs and I believe on internet auction sites as well, for about a tenner each, often less.  I still have a box full of potential 'victims' for this kind of brutality. Try it.

Archived