Hornby Elite

Snow_man

Hi guys i upgraded and bought an elite today to use with my select unit i already had.
I just have a couple of questions.
1. When you programme with the elite it seems to make a couple of clicking noises once during and once after programming is

this normal as the select never did this?

2. How come i can programme fine on the programming track but i can't move the loco forward or back on the test track?

are both of these normal or have i done something wrong?

Kind regards Chris

I have the Elite, Ive had it a couple of years, mine also makes a couple of clicking noises during programming, the programming always works, so I would say this is normal.

The programming output is seperate from the 'normal operating' output, you

have to test the loco on the normal track, not the programming track. Thats been my experience with the Elite for 2 years.

I think that the clicks are some relays disconnecting the main track while the decoder is programmed on the programming track. so the clicks are no problem.

if the loco will not run on the main then I suggest you try teh following....

1)

on the programming track read back the CVs that you have programmed and make sure that they say what you expect. If not the issue is probably to do with programming (why probably... nothing is certain in life:-))

2) if 1) is OK then connect a single

piece of track to the main connections and see if the loco moves back/forth on that. if OK on this bit of track then you might have some issues with how your track is wired up.

Post back with some info on how you go. there are lots of experienced people

that read the forum.

Archived