Colas Class 60

Lugster

I'm pretty sure a Colas Class 60 will be in the 2016 range for sure......

Hope so. I'm hoping they will revert back to the original copper contact springs for the lighting. I wasn't impressed with the wiring for the lights on their DBS 'Switch on to Safety' 60...

I'm pretty sure a Colas Class 60 will be in the 2016 range for sure......

Hope so. I'm hoping they will revert back to the original copper contact springs for the lighting. I wasn't impressed with the wiring for the lights on their DBS 'Switch on to Safety' 60...

Hi Lugster,

To be honest I myself also prefer the copper contact strips. I have 60078 in Mainline Blue livery. It has those copper contact strips and I must say I prefer them. Being copper they do have a bit of spring to them so they do ensure contact always. A nifty little system.

I wanted the DB Schenker Class 60 also, but upon reading the reviews I was very upset with the shabby work on the wiring. Luckily it was internally and not externally.

On the first instance I had emailed a well know Hornby employee of that time and the reply I got was less than helpful and rather was shocking that I was told it was no big deal. However since the new management came in I decided to bring up the matter once again. This time I received a much better and positive response with a heartfelt apology and Hornby agreeing to the situation.

I do however hope that something is actually done about it rather than nothing. I gave them a suggestion os using clips similar to staple pins that can hold wiring in rather than gooey plastic mess.

• 4 months later...

Archived