Technical Specifications?

TuscoTodd

I noticed that all of the new releases that have been coming forward no longer list their technical specifications with the general descriptions.  Is this information (motor type, orientation, gearing, tire size(s), track width, wheel base, weight, magnetic down force, height, etc) available elsewhere?

We run a number of Scalextric race classes and the "published" info is what has historically been used to determine which class a vehicle falls in, to help keep the racing close, while offering a nice variety / selection of different cars.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi TuscoTodd,

Unfortunately, I can't talk about other places this information may be listed but I'll certainly pass this on as feedback. Perhaps we can look to offer more of this information on the website listing.

Thank you for the reply. 

In my original posting, I was referring to the fact that Scalextric was no longer providing the "specifications" tab for new listing it on it's own web pages here. 

As an example - here is a listing for an older model Cougar:  https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/cars/racing/mercury-cougar-xr7.html - it has a "specifcations" tab that shows the information we need (gear ratios, tire sizes, down force, motor type/lay out, etc)  - verses this new listing for a GT-40 that does not have the "specifications" tab:  https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/ford-gt40-scuderia-filipinetti.html

Thank you for passing this feedback along - it is appreciated!

• 3 years later...

Hello again TuscoTodd,

It's taken a little while but I'm pleased to say that we've filled in the majority of our cars' technical information on the 'Technical Specification & Detail' tab. While there are a few exceptions, you should find the vast majority are there.

I do hope this helps and thanks again for bringing this to our attention

Hello again TuscoTodd,

It's taken a little while but I'm pleased to say that we've filled in the majority of our cars' technical information on the 'Technical Specification & Detail' tab. While there are a few exceptions, you should find the vast majority are there.

I do hope this helps and thanks again for bringing this to our attention

I am new to Scalextric. Where do I find the Technical Specifications & Detail tab you mentioned? Our club is also interested in accessing this information for the same reason as TuscoTodd. Thanks.

Hi KLASS Member - welcome to the forum!

The conversation quoted dates back four years and it doesn't look as if the tech specs have been added on new cars for some time.

The good news is that an official Scalextric stockist - Pendle Slot Racing - do include detailed specs on their listings, which is really useful info for racers and racing groups and clubs: https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/slot-cars/1-32-scale.html?manufacturer=51

I hope that helps.