lms coronation trains

Outrunn

what happened to them? years ago there was a fleet of the lms coronation trains within the hornby range, now the only one left is a limited edition train. what is the reason for their disappearnce from the hornby range? i would like them back. appologies for my poor spelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Andy

That has been a widespread 'moan' on here for the last couple of years, at least. The situation is improving, but has a long way to go, particularly non-corridor stock.. Still, we live in hope

Andy_Mac said:I would certainly

like to see the Coronation trains back but please this time with the correct articulated coaches. About time someone did a good articulated coach. If there is/was a market for the locos then surely there must be also one for some accurate
rolling stock

for them to pull.

Andy_Mac said:I would certainly like to see the Coronation trains back but please this time with the correct articulated coaches. About time someone did a good articulated coach. If there is/was a market for the locos then surely there must be also one

for some accurate rolling stock for them to pull.

True indeed and a fair assumption.

Also true for the LNER Coronation / West Riding articulated sets in Garter Blue and light blue (plus the observation car) and the LNER

Silver Jubilee articulated sets. What better for Mallard (or any other Garter blue A4) to pull than a matching articulated rake?

With the proliferation of models of one-off express trains in the US that are accurate in both coach details and formation,

it continues to surprise me that there is as yet little interest by UK manufacturers in this space, besides a certain 50s era, blue DMU-that-shall-not-be-named.

No - they can't be run on a shunting plank. But they can work on a roundy-roundy and there

are a lot of 4'x8' ovals out there where a short train (3-5 of the most interesting coaches) would be practical.

I guess you have hit the nail on the head, Hornby won't do them unless they will go round at least a second radius curve and that would probably mean too many compromises for the rest of us.

Archived