Austin-Healey 100/4

MG Writer

• 4 weeks later...

Image test 2

http://2e7fd430838d304f1516-467f5d9f2ca7b7b12f8a116e60ea9c1d.r77.cf3.rackcdn.com/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/i/airfix-a55308-1-32-ford-3-litre-gt-starter-set-pack_low_res.jpg

• 5 months later...

That's a good looking motor! I think Revell did a version of the 100/6 many years ago, the 50's I think. It was re-issued a few years ago as a limited edition aniverary kit. I know it's not exactly the same, but you might still be able to find on on E-bay? 

• 4 weeks later...

That's a good looking motor! I think Revell did a version of the 100/6 many years ago, the 50's I think. It was re-issued a few years ago as a limited edition aniverary kit. I know it's not exactly the same, but you might still be able to find on on E-bay? 

You're right that Revell did the 100/6; a good but quite old kit. But the 100/6 is actually quite a different car to the original 100/4, which was four inches shorter between the doors and front wheels, had a very different radiator grille and also was raced by the factory at Sebring and Le Mans. Actually I have been making my own entirely scratch built version with a hand-carved beech body pattern from which I  have already made a mould and a hollow body shell. It's a long term spare time project which I hope will look good enough when it's finished. But if they made a decent kit I could save the effort!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived