Airfix 1/76 Sdkfz 7/1 Conversion

ntrocket88

This is a recent makeover of a conversion I made as a teenager using cardboard from a cornflake box. I also remember getting in a lot of trouble for cutting a hole in some net curtains for the side mesh… This was on my list to replace, but for nostalgia reasons, I decided to try to do this one up a bit first. I still want to try again with better materials, but it moved further down the to-do list. The 2cm FlaKvierling 38 was from the very useful Nitto (now Fujimi) 150mm Rocket Gun kit.

For the recent update, I replaced the rear deck with a textured mesh, added a few details like the wooden crew bench, rebuilt the FlaKvierling sight mechanism to move with the guns and softened the original brushed camouflage edges with an airbrush. I also added a new crew from SHQ and the SdAH 56 Ammo trailer from Milicast.

The mesh sides can be mounted up or down, hence the extra bits sticking out. Anyway, good enough for wargaming...

Airfix 1/76 Sdkfz 7/1 Flakvierling 38 ConversionAirfix 1/76 Sdkfz 7/1 Flakvierling 38 ConversionAirfix 1/76 Sdkfz 7/1 Flakvierling 38 ConversionAirfix 1/76 Sdkfz 7/1 Flakvierling 38 ConversionAirfix 1/76 Sdkfz 7/1 Flakvierling 38 Conversion

• 3 months later...

That really is very well done indeed!  

The Airfix 1/76 SdKfz.7 is still a decent kit, but the new MaCo/Revell 1/72 kits are in a different league frankly.....There's still a gap in the market for a sensibly priced 1/72 SdKz.11 though, the Special Armor kits are nice but by god they are pricy for what you get (not to mention coming in the most ridiculous sized box ever, I reckon you could easily get ten kits in each).

Archived