Live Steam loco repair?

mark roberts1707820076

• 11 months later...

Hornby repaired my Mallard.  I emailed them and they sent me a special box to send it to them. It was still under guarantee at that time and the product had not been discontinued. They certainly could repair a live steam loco - so they must be capable of repairing one now, but whether they can do so now and at what cost is the answer you need to find out.

Hi ,,,,,I recently enquired at HORNBY customer care ,,,the cost for a service is £25 ,that includes new seals but anything else is extra ,new parts etc ,,just email or phone HORNBY customer services and they will give you the info ,,,,hope this helps ,,,,also ,,,I don't know where you live but if you are NOT already a member of the ,,,oo live steam forum I would suggest you do ,it's free ,the guys who set up the forum are HORNBY live steam enthusiasts and know everything about them and they also go to shows ,they are in Weybridge ,Surrey this month and Peterborough in October,,,,just google oo live steam forum and you should be able to find it ,,,,,Martin 

ps ,,,,,,@OOLiveSteam.com 

Archived