Still cannot get my new members discount

tonytucks

I think i have now linked my club membership to my account but at checkout when i try to enter my promo code it says 'not valid' ( this is the code given for my new member discount ) and as for pre orders it wont let me process them either,i get the message that these are for certain members only? Im  pulling my hair out in frustration,why is the site so damn difficult to navigate? I use e bay and amazon regulary and these are a walk over compared to Airfix im now starting to wish i never bothered with the whole thing.

I think i have now linked my club membership to my account but at checkout when i try to enter my promo code it says 'not valid' ( this is the code given for my new member discount ) and as for pre orders it wont let me process them either,i get the message that these are for certain members only?

Tony, when your Login/Club membership etc are all properly connected, you will see the a welcome message saying you will get the special members prices automatically. You'd only need the e-mail discount code if you DON'T link the accounts. If you have, when you look at an item in the catalog, the normal price is crossed out and the special member rate is shown.

At the top of each page you shold see a 'Account/Logout' link which lets you check on your wish list and other details.

If you're not seeing these, I would hazard that the link hasn't happened - I confused my Hornby/Airfix/Corgi membership numbers and the respective codes etc at the beginning, which wound me up a bit at the start!

BTW, anyone can order the normal preorders, BUT! the Thunderbirds are only for UK addresses (licence issue), and special members models are for members only, so if you can't get at them, the site probably isn't recognizing you as a member - recommend a deep breath and something to soothe your nerves, followed by another stab at linking!

• 3 months later...

Hi there ,could someone kindly describe this linking process ....having severe difficulty in trying to navigate this site.... No club links within my details even so cant follow steps provided in the very vague description provided lol

First step is to click the Sign In/Register link at the top of the page and create your website account.

Then click on the Account/Logout link which should have appeared, and go to the My Details tab.

There you'll see your existing memberships and a section on how to link them to the website account.

Archived