Micro Power controller issue

Del64

Hi,

Just opened my daughters new set the Rally set, bought as she broke one of the two hand controllers with her original McLaren MP4-12C set, the new Rally set the one with the new flat block controllers and power connector tracks were merged to give one large track, with me so far? 

On trying it out first thing was that one controller effected both lanes, so I removed a lot of the track such as the 90 degree looping crossover (not the tracks that cross the "X" piece where they stay in the same lane)  and other parts to make a small oval, now, One lane is always out of control and fully flat out, the other doesn't move at all. I mean flat out running without a controller plugged in!  and the other,,, barely moves with the controller perhaps a few inches with almost no power,,,,

Can anyone help me here as my daughter is very upset at not playing with her set after breaking the original set in the summer,,,,

Have I done something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure I understand 100% how you have this set up but it is amazing what one little filament of braid or metal can do to cause havoc on the electrics of a track.

Make sure the track is clean, I use an old toothbrushgoign over the rails and then I vacuum the whole circuit.

Make sure there are no loose wires or anything banging around inside the power base.

If you can, try using differnt controllers.

Maybe post a pic or a link to a video showing what is going on?

Good luck!

Archived