ARC Track

Jetters

Hi all,

Old fan here looking to get back in to racing! :)

I've had my eye on the ARC One sets for a while. I know the racing itself is purely analogue, I understand that there's limitations to what you can/can't do with mixing analog and digital bits. My question is more with the track itself. 

So my question is - I'd like to get an ARC One set for playing by myself/with the little one with her iPad when she fancies it (!), but also later get a C7042 base for when I get some friends/family around to have a decent race with more than 2 cars. I know that ARC Pro would kind of solve what I'm after when it eventually comes out, but will the C7042 base work with the track provided with an ARC starter pack?

The ARC tracks don't include lane changers, so if I was to pick up a bit of extra 2nd hand/new digital track or digital track with crossovers, would this all work if plugged in to a C7042 and appropriate cars/controllers etc?

I know that old school track and Start track would defintely not work. I just can't find a definitive answer anywhere if 'Sport' track is the same as the Digital one just without the digital base and fancy bits?

Hopefully I haven't confused you all to sleep... :)

Thanks all!

Adam

---

TL;DR: If I buy a ARC set, and in a few weeks buy a C7042 base, will the track be usable? Ta!

Hi There,

The ARC AIR coming out in a little over a week's time has a "pace/ghost" car function. It also has wireless controllers which are better for the little ones. You may want to consider it.

I am not sure mixing digital and the ARC ONE would be a good idea. First and foremost, you must modify your ARC ONE by disconnecting the power to the rails. See here:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-one-set-bought-can-i-use-it-with-digital/?p=1

and here:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/7984/?p=2

The biggest problem is the car MUST return to its original lane when crossing the ARC pit otherwise the laps are not counted correctly.

"I know that old school track and Start track would defintely not work. I just can't find a definitive answer anywhere if 'Sport' track is the same as the Digital one just without the digital base and fancy bits?"

There are START to SPORT adapters that have become hard to find but there is no reason that the START track won't work if you have an adapter. I even use Carrera and Cartonic track with teh ARC ONE no problem. Scalextric Classic, SCX analog and NINCO all work as well, as long there is an adapter.

There is no difference between Scalextric SPORT and scalextric digital track. The "digital" bits have lane changers. That is all. The connections, lengths, radii are all the same as SPORT track

"TL;DR: If I buy a ARC set, and in a few weeks buy a C7042 base, will the track be usable? "

I think I answered that above. It would technically work (once you mod the ARC ONE) , but not sure it will be fun or useful....

Hi Andy! 

Thanks for your swift reply! :)

I fear I may have over complicated my question! Oops. Really, what I want to know is say if I have an ARC one set, can I take out the ARC base & start straight completely, replace it with a straight piece and C7042 base and a maybe a few digital crossovers, will the physical track itself work with a digital base?

Thanks all! :) 

Archived