Air air causing cars to emit high pitched whining sound

Johnny Utah

I have purchased an arc air powerbase all seems to be working, but the as soon as there is power to the track the cars emit a high pitched whining sound.  I have 5 cars and they all do this.

This occurs when the accelerator is pressed and also when calibrating the cars in the arc android app and increasing the power. When I swap out the arc air powerbase for the one in the continental sports cars set this doesn't happen.

When the cars are racing it is less noticable due to the noise of the cars whizzing round the track, but it is very irritating and am thinking of sending it back.  I shall contact customer services on Monday, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks,

John

• 5 years later...

This usually only happens with cars that have a digital plug fitted (for digtal racing) when they are run in analog mode (which ARC AIR is) or with old cars that have no "ferrite men" noise suppressors.

If the problems still occurs with purely analog cars you can check to see if maybe you have dip switches under your power base and using different frequencies helps.

One user discovered changing the frequency of his wirelss WLAN router helped.

He discovered this by setting up the track somewhere with no WLAN/Wifi....

Hi Andy,

To clarify, none of the cars are chipped and I had been trying to use straight out of the box with no connector, not sure if wifi would play a part if I'm not trying to use the web features.

For the old cars, how old is old? Most of my cars are in the high c3000 range if not c4000?