aerodrome should travel the world

the F-111C dude

• 2 weeks later...

A good idea.Lets have a collection to raise funds to send the Aerodrome reporter to all the far flung places that he would love to go to.If we all chip in ,who knows where he could report  from next? Australia?

cheers

The States have some great museums.  For aviation there's the National Museum of the United States Air Force at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, the National Naval Aviation Museum at Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida, and the United States Army Aviation Museum at Fort Rucker in Alabama.  Many cities on the coast have great examples of preserved ships and don't forget in a month or two we will start air show season over here, too.  Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland has a great military vehicle museum as does Fort Knox in Kentucky and Fort Sill in Oklahoma has a super museum focused on artillery.  It could be a great opportunity to get people into the hobby!

F1-11C Dude, OK, it's on the list of maybes.I know it' s not going to happen but from a personal point of view I would love to see them go to Canada and some of the museums and bases there. I have been lucky to visit 3 in Alberta and that gave rise to my interest in Canadian aviation. So far I have built .....1/32  DH 82C Tiger Moth, 1/48 CT-133 Silver Star, 1/72 Grumman Tracker, 2,1/48 DH Mosquitos , 1/72 Bell Griffon 1/72 CF-5A  FreedomFighter , 1/72 Avro Lancaster BX (Airfix conversion).

There are several more in the pending pile that I must get done one day. Cheers

Ok F111-C,just for you , here is a partial list of French &German bases. 

Cambrai-Eponiy,Evreux-Fauville,Creil,Velizy,Reims-Champagne,Saint Dizier,Orleans,Metz,Toulouse,Orange,Salon de Provence,Istres.

Buckenberg,Hohn,Lechfeld,Schleswig,Celle,Buchel,Niederstetten,Rheine-Bentlage,Wundsdorf.

These are just a few of the bases I found on the Internet search. There are a lot I have missed but I'm sure you can fill in the gaps. 

Why not have a look back at some of the older releases and get different markings for them?

Hope this helps you cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

I have enjoyed reading this thread and would dearly love to travel the world looking at aeroplanes - I can't think of anything better. Unfortunately, I am afraid that unless my numbers come up on the lottery, this is not going to happen, but there is no reason why Aerodrome readers around the world could not have their own airshow and museum reviews included in a future edition.  In fact, this is a great idea and I am sure that our readers would love to have this sort of feature included.

If you would like to discuss producing a review for possible inclusion in a future Aerodrome, please drop us a line at aerodrome@hornby.com  It would be fantastic to have aviation enthusiasts from all over the world sharing their passion for the subject.

Regards

Michael 

Archived