Micro scalextric and formula tyco 1/87

Sergio-spain

Hólà Sergio!

No hay problema. 😉 Espanol peudo leer pero puedo muey bien  hablar/escribir

OK so my Spanish is pretty much exhausted at this point. :-D

Good news: Almost all "H0" or "HO" cars work on almost tracks. In fact I run Scalextric (Scaley=Scalextric) Micro cars on Tyco track with no problems. H0 is sometimes called 1/87, 1/72 and also 1/64 and even 1/60. It doesn't really matter.

A few observations: Scaley Micro cars tend to be much more "loose" than Tyco cars on Tyco track. They are harder to control because the Tyco rails are slightly lower than Scaley Micro rails and the magnetic force is not as strong. The material of the rails may be different too.I also think the motor is slightly slower. (my opinion)

Scaley Micro use braids and not "shoes" so they must be taken care of as they will wear out.

One important note:For historical reasons Scalextrix (Hornby) is called SuperSlot in many Spanish-Speaking countries and Sclextric Spain is called SCX most other places.

Many people calls Scalextric (Hornby) "Scaley" because it is faster. :-D

Have fun!

Nice! I am happy to know I can use my scalextric!

just to feel sure: you mean that I can buy theses cars (https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/cars/micro.html

Also, i would like to send  you a pictures with details of my tracks and cars, to be sure you understand what I mean. Could you give an email to send them? this forum tell me that my picture format is invalid! ( 😢)

than you

sergio

Hi Sergio,

Yes these cars_ https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/cars/micro.html will work fin on Tyco. I have done that a lot. (see my post above)

Please let me know what type of pictures are trying to upload or send and e-mail to forum@scalextric.com so they can find out what the problem is.

The whole point of the forum is to keep eveyone informed so it is best to contimue the conversation here.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Andy,

Sorry for my delayed reply.  At the end I could upload the picture (it was too heavy to upload in the first moment). Sizes are in milimeters. Please let me know if this sizes of tracks are possible to use with the micro cars that you recommend me.

Thank you so much for your kind help!

😀

Big hug

Sergio

/media/tinymce_upload/d02f8e4ff55e53ed92211d93f488c8d0.jpg

Archived