Arnold...No more British N gauge?

JeremiahBunyan

2016 saw an announcement from Hornby-Arnold...an N gauge Brighton-Belle (5-BEL). It was an odd choice for a first model. However rumours were that this model was released to test the market. Again odd choice to test the market.

There was a wish-list started on this very forum and I didn't really see anything materialise from it.

So is it safe to say that Hornby-Arnold was just a one-time thing? I don't see anything in the forseeable future from Hornby-Arnold sadly...

Maybe it didn't sell well JB, and they decided to stick to OO and let the other two companies fight it out. I'm quite glad really, they should concentrate on getting all the promised products on the shelves which they appear to be doing. 

Hope you are enjoying your foray into the world of N. 

In the process of building a modular 8x4 ply sandwich-frame layout for N. In my display cabinet I have 6 rows of N. The Brighton Belle has pride of place on the top tier. Bought at Easter while ill at hospital to cheer me up.

Since then to build a late Grouping-early BR theme the other five tiers have GrahamFarish and Dapol locos at the head of various coaches and wagons.

Would I buy Hornby Int./Arnold if another were released even if it didn't fit my theme? Well that's a rhetorical question to myself as I am a sucker for brand loyalty but that Liverpool store has done well from me lately.

Maybe it didn't sell well JB, and they decided to stick to OO

Hope you are enjoying your foray into the world of N. 

I wouldn't be surprised...It was really an odd choice as there was at that point in time many other better sellers. However the Pullman liveried one sold out quickly. I wanted that but it actually flew off shelves.

Yes enjoying N gauge. Ordered 2 locos and a few yards of track, currently awaiting delivery.

The Brighton Belle has pride of place on the top tier. Bought at Easter while ill at hospital to cheer me up.

Would I buy Hornby Int./Arnold if another were released even if it didn't fit my theme? Well that's a rhetorical question to myself as I am a sucker for brand loyalty but that Liverpool store has done well from me lately.

Lucky chap... I admit I am a bit of a brand-loyal person myself! However I tend to be loyal to about 2-3 brands at a time. I also severely dislike one brand too.

Lucky? Still recovering. Oh lucky choice of good lady who said I should buy it! Hehe.

Nearly all my N loco.s are in the cabinet and DCC fitted. All Passenger carrying stock bar one and a small selection of wagons.

/media/tinymce_upload/f4dae9b98f96037d0cbf54aa155dff0e.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/e42b70ae1ae2066c4a47abf9b91a7393.JPG

After the layout baseboards have track laid and running carpentry for proper tiers so I can spread them out.

• 1 year later...

As Hornby appear to have negotiated exclusive "Rights" with Hitachi regarding the IEP train surely it must follow that Hornby/Arnold must move forward and release this train in N Gauge as well as OO.

Otherwise they are blocking any other source of this model for N Gauge modellers.

Archived