Test the track

Junaid

hi Guys,

im a total newbie to scalextric. I bought a new micro scalextric turbo get set for my children. Assembled it as per instructions and it doesn't work at all. I'm not sure how to test track, so I scaled the track down to a simple loop but still doesn't work. Tried switching controllers and cars and result is same.

im hoping it's me missing something simple or doing something stupid but can someone help me plz as how to test the tracks i.e. Power supply or controllers? As I said it's a brand new set so fairly confident that nothing is worn out but would be good to check and confirm

appreciate the help.

It would be extremely odd for the set to be completely broken if it is indeed new. I think you should take it back to where you got it as the new Micro sets are pretty "idiot proof" i.e. there is no way to hook things up "wrong" and troubleshooting will take longer than just getting a replacement.

BUT... if you are "glutton for punishment":

Make sure the cars actually work: Use a 9 volt battery to test.

If the cars work plug in the power pack (also called powerbase or PB) and only connect one controller. Make sure the screw on the side of the controller is set to allow maximum speed and test each lane and each controller.

If none of that works get a replacement....

Archived