R9257 Spencer

Shadow.Monk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw 3 circus tents go for

more the twice what they are going for in some shops. had that person looked around they would have found the tents and stalls together for the same price they paid on the auction. im not mocking that person for paying so much but at the same time i cant understand

why they didnt shop around. the bargains are out there as im sure the 2 chaps who just got the flying scotsman will concur.

How can you honestly say Spencer sells routinly sells for 250-280 when a quick search of EBay shows that the last 5 have all some for under £130? The only way I can see anyone getting £280 for a spencer is if they take it to every sales fare and eventually

find some mug willing to pay up. Thats not a market though, a market is the price I can get someone to pay me for a Spencer in a resonable time and tht is why EBay is the best source of prices. I.e. Im long a pencer, I need to monitize it how much is it worth?

BTW

if anyone wants to buy a Spencer for a very resanable £200 let me know, you should make £50-80 on the deal!

Also Moomin, you seriously interested in selling?

I did some research this morning, trying to find a Hornby Toad model, but I ended up coming to a website which claimed to have 1 first gen Spencer in stock, so I just ordered it on impulse. It cost a total of £86.45, I am willing to pay an extra £10 to

have the first gen than the re-release from my local shop, hope that this was still actually in stock and that they send it to me :D

didnt happen to come accross a sodor mail truck by any chance? i made the mistake

of only getting 1 when they were cheap! anyway can you stop researching, thats my little trick :)

Last year I got told about another shop having one in stock by another member (Cannot remember their username, sorry!), and I bought that last one on impulse. I sold it a few months later because I decided to move to N Gauge (MASSIVE mistake if you ask

me), and the mistake wasn't worth it even if I did get a £50 profit.

I regretted selling it ever since I did so I am please I found another first gen :)

So that's where they've all gone!

It's a good

job I bought their last 1st Gen Spencer this morning before I provided you with the link, because I would assume you would have snapped that up too :P

for

that price i would have been silly not to but im well happy with those 4 babies, you wont see that again for that price

Oh I totally agree with you there. I now have 2 and I am only interested in having the 2. If I come across any more at a price like that it would just be to make a profit (if possible) off them.

Glad you finally have more to add to your collection

and I hope you enjoy them :)

well my thinking was that a rake like that might all look good in a siding, im not really interested in selling them on, i just didnt think i would come accross them that cheap again.

I suppose also im getting to the point where ive got most of it so it was nice to get hold of something i really wanted which is also why im still going to get the new spencer even though ive got the first one. cant believe you got a first ed though! but the

website is right at the back of beyond, handy for us though.

Well due to lack of space I can't have a layout :( Not for a number of years really. Plus I have no track or controller so it's just collecting for the time being but in the future I am hoping to change all of my locomotives to digital and run them :)

Archived