The missing Engine Shed instalment (which appears elsewhere online)

Rule 1 Applies

I don't understand this. A quick Google search has brought up the 'missing' instalment of The Engine shed that has not appeared on the Hornby site, describing a 2018 re-release for the Brighton Belle train pack.

http://www.publicnow.com/view/10576E84A5B14F705A5CF0D9B6338BF208995A60?2017-10-05-13:00:18+01:00-xxx3042

Clicking on the 'available to pre-order now' link brings up a 404 error.

Then there's the minor mystery of "When we were planning the new 2018 range we viewed it as a great opportunity to produce a livery for the 'Brighton Belle' that we had not previously had the chance to feature"... but no explanation of what that livery is.

Can anyone explain all this?

Not sure this is an Engine Shed missing post it just looks like a Facebook post.

Most of what it says is in the Hornby Mag. 

Interesting, then, that the first para says "Hello and welcome to The Engine Shed, coming to you from The Great Electric Train Show here at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon."

If it was just in HM and on Fudbook, it misses out a lot of folk who - like me - read neither...

I assume the images must be cached on Google, because they are still there on Google image search.

The colour scheme is Pullman umber and cream.

The fairly major detail you've missed is that, from the image, it's umber and cream with small yellow warning panels. This is the livery I was really hoping Hornby would do the BB in, so I'm glad I did find this info!

OK. As long as you got to know what you want to know.

Putting aside the patronising tone of your comment (which says considerably more about you than it does about me), what if this info is useful to other people who don't read HM or FB?

I'm just curious why it isn't anywhere to be seen on the the Hornby web site? And why, when it is dated to have been be published on The Engine Shed 10 days ago, there was no ES that weekend, with fellow forumist JeremiahBunyan posting this https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/no-the-engine-shed-blog/?p=1

Yet said ES instalment is to be found elsewhere in the public domain. It all just seems a little odd.

Because it's the Hornby forum, are we all supposed to shush and not ever question the company?

Thank you for that very nice indeed. 

I reckon it will appear in the Engine Shed on Friday. I believe they I read somewhere that the Engine Shed blog was delayed for some reason so they just put it on FB. I don't use FB.

The guys in the R&D section just call themselves The Engine Shed.

I wasn't being patronising, just saying I was pleased you got the info you wanted.

Have a pleasant week. 

I stumbled across this page on the 5th - it was held in google cache.  Realising it wasn't meant to be seen (for whatever reason), I took the approach of notifying Hornby advising how to remove to remove this cached version.  They have now done this, but I guess they took a little too long, as it has appeared in other sources since.  Like you say, it's since all been revealed in Hornby Magazine, so I guess they will revamp the Engine Shed article when it's republished on Friday.

Archived