Arc pro race direction

Rowland24

Hello, today my arc pro powerbase upgrade turned up, previously using 4 car digital base..on our custom fixed layout we like to run in an anti-clock wise direction. Is there away to change race direction as when selecting one of the default tracks in the app the cars dont register when travelling from left to right across the base...

also has anyone had the app working on an iPhone7? As mine won’t connect with the base but my mates iPhone6 works fine...

thanks richard 

Just turn the powerbase around. Feed the power cables under the track, that is the only down side.

I would suggest reinstalling the app on your iphone7, but just in case you overlooked it, make sure your iphone "bluetooth" is turned on.

Thanks but due to the scenery it is not possible to turn the base around, wonder if I could dismantle and spin the sensors around? I will try delete and reinstalling the app tomorrow...thanks 

You will of course void your warranty if do that but I know a few people have attempted it (though I never heard if it worked!)

In theory the track itself simply has holes for the sensors so moving the "guts" should be possible.

I have only ever opened up an ARC ONE but in all ARC powerbases I am pretty sure at the end of the day the power is just 2 cables running to each lane respectively (there were some pictures in the threads about using curved lane changers that make me think that) and you can extend those round anywhere you would like...

I moved the arc pro base around to the back of the circuit and spun it around..not ideally where I want it but I now have the direction I want 

My current issues with Arco Pro

Car/Controller calibration only seems to work in Arc Air (analogue) mode not Arc Pro (digital) mode?Is this correct?Wireless controllers only work (move the cars) in Arc Pro mode?Is this correct?When sitting with the Arc Pro power base on the outside edge of the circular track and when viewed from a position behind the power base, the cars are going around clockwise but lap counter not working?Is this correct?

• 1 year later...

Hi J.Gallichan - welcome to the forum!

Yes, some ARC Pro users have done that, so it is possible. However, it is also quite a complicated job - there are sensor wires as well as the track power wires to extend. You might want to take a lot of photos and label up all the wires so you remember what goes where - and ensure the sensors are returned to exactly the correct position and orientation. Any modification like this will void the warranty on the powerbase, so do thoroughly check everything works perfectly before you open up the powerbase.

There is more discussion (and considerable expertise) about working on the ARC Pro powerbase here: https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=370

I hope that helps.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

You can switch the direction the unit counts which way digital cars run. You need to unscrew the plastic case which houses the sensors, remove the board from the track and rotate 180 degrees and pop it back in. You will need to cut away about 3-4mm of plastic so the sensors can "see" the LED in the car.

I did this today and it works. Pretty simple job. I found that swapping the power cables under the main cover made no difference.

Alex

• 4 months later...

Sorry for a very late response on this thread… the above post which suggests that a simple rotation of the lap sensor through 180 degrees facilitates reversal of race direction will have some limitations:

1/ it will function correctly with the Magic app but likely will give problems with the Hornby app which needs to read the ‘exit’ sensors too.

2/ the problem in using this approach with the Hornby app would not be apparent in a simple two lane oval test track. However, if there were any lane changers in the forward direction between the ‘lap’ sensors and the ‘exit’ sensors then in real race conditions then some laps will fail to register.

Not a good idea in my opinion. Hope this is a useful input.

c