Still no news

Nictor

A reply to why we don't count.

for starters why not, being in Australia we are limited to what we can purchase 

why would someone in the uk purchase from here when it's cost to transport to Australia then back again!

retailers here in Australia have a middleman, he orders the product, then sells onto a hobby shop, a distributor, therefore added cost , plus the mark up prices every time. Why buy here.

being a club member gives us the opportunity to get in early on new stock, the discount, ok the voucher pays for the membership.

i purchased a set of Pullman coaches, parcel arrived damaged, Hornby saw the photographic evidence, and replaced , no bother at all.

so in that sense being a member counted, that's why in the future us overseas expats will not benefit.

cannot see the logic.

anyway Hornby replied to my concern re the new collectors club and hopefully things might change. At least they replied.

I received my letter from Hornby this morning in Perth Western Australia. It appears that if you don't live in the UK you are excluded from joining the "new club". I realize that any business has to consolidate etc especially in hard times, but alienating your customers doesn't seem to be a very smart move. I feel quite insulted as probably many other overseas members do.

Do you need to be a member to contribute to the forums, I am not sure?

You don’t need to be a member to contribute to this forum, although Hornby 'supply' this forum it is for our use and they have little to do with it apart from Adam in admin who keeps an eye open.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought it said something about overseas customers would initially be unable to join. I’m sure you will be able eventually.

It would be of interest to know how many forum members are club members. This one won't be any more. 😀

Archived