Model Wishlist

NormyTerrier

Modern image models that should be considered for future release: 1. The Class 91 + Mark IVs + DVT. 225 sets have been the backbone of East Coast operations for many years now and a new model of this would compliment the already popular HST sets offered by Hornby. GNER and InterCity Swallow liveries will always prove popular as too will the contemporary images of National Express East Coast and now East Coast Mainline. 2. A similar model to the one above is the Class 90. These popular locos have operated over large parts of the UK on both freight and passenger workings. There are wide range of liveries to reproduce as they have worked under various BR Sectors such as Parcels, Railfreight Distribution and InterCity. Recently liveries have included EWS, Virgin (always popular with newcomers), Freightliner and even GNER.  3. I would also like to see a couple of DMUs revamped. The Class 155 is extremely similar to the recent Hornby 153 and I'm sure it must be reasonably easy to create this unit from the work that has already been carried out in developing and creating the model. It would also be good to bring the 156 up to date. I personally think that the body shells are fine and with the addition of lights and a more realistic underframe moulding, the appearance of these models would be greatly improved. Of course there are plenty more things that I'd like to see but I think these are ones that would be popular and would benefit both Hornby and modelers alike. A few more older liveries on the new HST power cars would also be nice such as Midland Mainline and Virgin XC (with buffers on one of the power cars). That's enough from me now! Keep up the good work Hornby! 

Hi Just as an aside, the 153 is similar to the 155 because the 153 was created by splitting the 2 coaches of the 155s, adding a cab to each inner end and 'that's all there is to it'

Hi Postman Prat,  I know this is how they were made :) ...I just wish Hornby would do the same but in reverse this time, taking away the cab and adding a dummy car to form the full unit.  What new items would you like to see in the range?

Hi Normy. People must be sick of my wishlist. Anything North Eastern Railway (not LNER) such as Q6 G5 B16 J21 J27 D20 and from the LNER side K1. I do enjoy my dreams!! Probably get some stick now from LC&DR, if he's back.

• 2 weeks later...
Perry745 said:Hornby have previously released a class 155, you can pick them up on ebay.

Perry745,
I have seen these on ebay, ones that I have seen were regional railways and a yorkshire railways one. I saw one go for about £30 and others were

at a similar price, so you should be able to pick one up rather easily.

Archived