Getting back up to Speed

LCDR

Good to have the team's blog back again, and some great models to look at. And although the J36's territory is many miles separated from my own sphere of interest it is such a good looking engine I am sorely tempted to add one to the stock list. I must confess a very soft spot for 0-6-0 tender engines.

Good to see progress with  the Maunsell resturant car which will be a useful addition to the fleet too. Perhaps consideration will also be given for a CLC version in due course.

Pleasing to read about the arrival of Bittern at Margate. Having a collection of full sized railway rolling stock just up the road must be a very tempting source of inspiration.  It will be interesting to watch what arrives there for storage and then subsequently arrives in red and yellow boxes a year ot two later. Mmmm.

The NBR J36 is quite nice, good to see a substantial amount of it being die-cast.

The streamlined Princess Coronation looks beautiful, does anyone know if Hornby will provide a spare front pony truck with scale sized wheels for those who wish to just display their models?

I've put in my pre-order for the GWR Class 153, I think it looks stunning! Just wish I could afford the other GWR stuff, but I don't think my wallet will be too happy.

Just like the other Hornby Maunsell stock, the Kitchen/Dinning cars look absolutely superb!

Archived